Revised January 1, 2023
LGI Homes, Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliated entities (“LGI Homes” or the “Company”) take your privacy and your privacy concerns very seriously.
This policy applies to everyone visiting our Information Centers and our website and all the information collected by LGI Homes during those visits. This policy does not apply to any information collected by any third party, such as through any application or advertising that may link to or be accessible from the website unless otherwise noted.
2.1. Children's Privacy
Our website is not intended for any children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any personal information of children under the age of 18.
2.2. Notice to California Residents
4.Notice of Collection
We collect various types of information at our Information Centers and through our website to perform our normal business operations. It is collected directly from you when you provide it to us through your completion of our Welcome Card, completion of prequalification forms, information you provide when you call us, information you provide through web inquiries, and any other documents you provide to us. This information could identify, describe, reference, associate, or reasonably be directly or indirectly linked, with a particular consumer or device (“Personally Identifiable Information”). LGI Homes has collected the following categories of Personally Identifiable Information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Personal Information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, employment information, marital status, and age;
- Financial information such as salary and income, savings, lender approvals, and mortgage prequalification information;
- Navigational Information such as browser type and version, operating system, the Internet Service Provider used to access our web site, IP address, use of links to arrive at our website, web pages requested and viewed, and time spent on the website. If you access our websites, we collect technical information about the device used such as type, screen size, cookies supported by the device, and how the images may appear on the device;
- Location Information. This information is collected on our websites and emails when you select a specific feature such as searching for the nearest community that offers the home that you may want to visit or purchase. If you access one of our websites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop computer, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop computer location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
- Cookies and other similar technology. Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the websites and in emails. Cookies are files that your browser places on your computer. Many internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message. We use these cookies and other tracking technologies in order to better understand how you interact with our websites, to monitor usage of our websites, and to improve our websites. We may also use web beacons in order to assess and improve the effectiveness of our email and online marketing.
Third parties such as Google, Facebook, and Bing also use navigational information, cookies, pixels, and tags to track these categories of information in order to serve advertisements on the Company’s behalf, to track users’ activities on the Company’s website, to measure advertisement effectiveness, and for other reasons that are provided in the third parties’ own privacy policies. The Company has no ability to manipulate the information collected by such third-party cookies, pixels, or tags. You may have enabled “Do Not Track” (DNT) browser settings that send a signal to websites requesting that your browsing not be tracked, such as by third party ad networks or analytic companies. We do not respond to DNT browser signals at this time.
Also, you may choose to provide personal information to third parties on a form filled-out at an LGI Homes location for the purpose of such third parties contacting you about their products or services. While, at your request, LGI Homes may pass those forms along to such third parties, such information is not collected or stored by LGI Homes and is subject to the privacy policies of such third parties. For example, you may choose to provide information to a third-party home security provider by filling out a form during closing, which LGI Homes would simply pass along to such home security provider. These forms are never sold.
4.2.Use of Collected Information
We use the information you provide to LGI to fulfill the purpose or request for which you have provided the information and for other internal, legal or administrative reasons. This includes providing you with our or a third party's products and services; personalizing your experience on our website; enrolling you to receive tailored direct marketing; completing the home purchase process; performing sales and marketing analyses; developing new products, services, features and functionality; improving effectiveness of our website; troubleshooting any programming errors or failures on our website; in connection with legal proceedings; general record-keeping purposes; and any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
5.Disclosing and Sharing Collected Information
LGI Homes does not sell your personal information. We may share information you provide to LGI Homes with:
- Entities associated with LGI Homes'
- Third parties that utilize the information for the purpose of servicing your request(s),
- Third parties to contact you to offer you additional services such as home internet, and/or
- Third parties to contact you to participate in a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
For example, we may share certain personal information with third-party service providers such as a mortgage lender and/or title company for the purpose of completing the home sale and closing process. We may also disclose or share information in order to comply with legal obligations, in connection with legal investigations or proceedings, or in order to improve or protect the security of our company’s assets or services. Generally, we limit the information provided to what is reasonably necessary to perform the intended function(s), and we require that the confidentiality of such information be maintained.
6.For California Residents Only
6.1. Your Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Protection Act (the “CCPA”) and the California Privacy Protection Act ("CPRA") (collectively "California Privacy Rights") provides consumers that are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your California Privacy Rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
As a California resident and consumer, you have the right to:
- Know what personal information is collected about you;
- Know whether your personal information is sold, shared, or disclosed and to whom;
- Request deletion of personal information;
- Limit the use of your sensitive personal information;
- Correct inaccurate personal information;
- Opt out of the sale of your personal information; and
- Non-discrimination for the exercise of your privacy rights.
6.1.1. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, Sold, or Shared
You have the right to request that LGI Homes disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and verify the request is coming from you or your authorized representative, we may disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business purpose for collecting that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, if any;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; and
- If we sold, shared, or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, we will provide you with an explanation of the Personally Identifiable Information that each recipient received, and the business purpose for selling, sharing, or disclosing your information.
6.1.2. Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that LGI Homes delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and verify the request is coming from you or your authorized representative, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities, exercise free speech, exercise another right provided for by law, comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, comply with a legal obligation, or make other reasonable internal and lawful uses of that information within the context in which you provided it.
6.1.3. Right to Limit Use of Personal Information
You may request to limit LGI Homes use of your sensitive personal information, as defined in the California Privacy Rights, by clicking here or contacting us at the address or phone number listed below.
6.1.4. Right to Correct Inaccurate Information
You have a right to access and correct inaccurate personal information LGI Homes has collected from you and retained. Once we receive your request and verify the request is coming from you or your authorized representative, we will process your request and update your personal information as necessary.
We may deny your correction request if we cannot verify your or your authorized representative’s identity or validate the corrected information you provide.
6.1.5. Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
Although we do not sell personal information, California Privacy Rights give you the right and requires us to tell you that anyone 16 years of age or older has the right to direct us to not sell or share their personal information at any time (“opt-out”). We will not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (“opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
To exercise your right to opt-out, you or your authorized representative may submit a verifiable request to us by clicking here or contacting us at the address or phone number listed below. Opt Out.
6.1.6. Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your California Privacy Rights.
6.2. Submitting a Verifiable Request and Exercising Your Rights
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. If an authorized agent submits a verifiable request on the consumer’s behalf, the authorized agent shall provide the Company with the written authorization from the consumer authorizing the authorized agent to act on behalf of the consumer and proof the consumer requested the authorized agent to submit the request. The Company may require the consumer to independently verify their identity directly with the Company.
You may only make a verifiable request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must: provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative and describe your verifiable request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
The Company endeavors to respond to verifiable requests within forty-five (45) days of their receipt. If the Company requires more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will send the response to your request by mail or electronically free of charge.
We are unable to respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity.
To exercise your rights to know and/or delete your personal information, you may submit a verifiable request to us by filling out the form here or by:
Mailing Address: LGI Homes
Attn: Privacy Office
1450 Lake Robbins Drive, Suite 430
The Woodlands, TX 77380
6.3. Collected Information
Please refer to sections 4 and 5 above for information on how LGI collects, uses, shares, and discloses information.
Personal Information does not include: publicly-available information, de-identified or aggregate consumer information, and any information excluded from the California Privacy Rights' scope such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), and personal information covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
6.4. Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, LGI Homes has not sold personal information.
6.5. Sharing Your Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, LGI Homes has shared personal information and financial information, as defined in Section 4.1, to mortgage lenders and title companies to service your request and complete your home purchase, see Section 4.2. Additionally, LGI has shared information with vendors and suppliers, such as home security providers, to service any of your specific requests for additional information, see Section 4.1.
Mailing Address: LGI Homes
Attn: Privacy Office
1450 Lake Robbins Drive, Suite 430
The Woodlands, TX 77380
LGI reserves the right to modify, amend, or update this policy at any time.
This website is provided for your personal information and education, and for you to contact us regarding your interest in our new home communities or your rights under the California Privacy Rights. Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions and constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this website or any services offered by this website.
Your use of the website is limited to personal and non-commercial use only unless other uses are granted expressly to you. You may not copy, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or otherwise display the website content for public or commercial purposes without our written permission for such use of content.
Disclaimer: Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the website is provided to you AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ADDITIONALLY, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE(S) OR THE SERVERS MAKING THE SITE(S) AVAILABLE ARE VIRUS FREE. We do not warrant that the functions contained in these materials will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the result of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Choice of Law and Enforcement
Your access to the website as well as the terms and conditions and the agreement they create are governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of Texas.